Monday, January 12, 2009

Vegan "Cream of Potato" Soup, from Holli


Fill a med/large saucepan about 3/4 full of water and put on high heat.
Wash about 5 medium sized white/baking potatoes and cut into about 1-1 1/2 inch size pieces, and put them in the water. Don't peel. The peelings give it a sort of baked potato flavor.
Cut up "some" onion. I used what I had left of one in the fridge, which wasn't much. I would say 1 med. onion would be good.
Place that in with the potatoes.
Set the timer for 20 minutes.
When the timer gets to about 7 or 8 minutes, mix up about 1/2 cup hemp milk with a couple of tsps of cornstarch.
Check the potatoes.
If they are nearly done, add the milk mixture.
Stir, and add any seasonings you like. I used s&p, about a tsp of coriander and some fake soy sauce--maybe a tablespoon. I turned off the burner and let the rest of the time run out while the broth thickened.

No comments: