Monday, January 12, 2009

Cranberry-Carrot Muffins, from Jenifer

So I made this recipe last week (it was shared with me by a mom at the ice skating rink)...and it was ok....but Jan thought it should be slightly more sweet. I (and my mom who had some) thought they were just right. I enjoyed them warmed and at one point used a bit of the jam I made this summer...:


1 cup whole-wheat flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 egg
1/2 cup brown sugar, more if desired
1 cup milk
1 cup finely grated carrot
1/2 cup dried cranberries

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan. In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon, and stir until cinnamon is evenly distributed. In a second mixing bowl, combine the melted butter, egg, brown sugar, and milk, and blend until smooth.

Add the dry ingredients to the wet, stirring to combine. Stir in the carrot and cranberries. Fill the muffin cups and bake 20 minutes. Makes 12.

(With special thanks to "Danielle's Mom" for the origination of this recipe...)

No comments: