Saturday, January 17, 2009
Hawaiian Spareribs, suggested by Karli
I made this recipe from allrecipes.com but used pork loin instead of spare ribs.
* 1/4 cup vinegar
* 1/2 cup ketchup
* 1 tablespoon soy sauce
* 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
* 3 tablespoons brown sugar
* 2 tablespoons cornstarch
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated (optional)
* 3 pounds pork spareribs, cut into serving size pieces
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
2. In a saucepan over medium heat, stir together the vinegar, ketchup, soy sauce, and pineapple. Stir in brown sugar, cornstarch, salt, and ginger. Cook, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
3. Arrange a layer of spareribs in a roasting pan. Pour half of the sauce over the top. Arrange another layer of spareribs, and top with remaining sauce. Cover pan tightly with foil.
4. Bake in a preheated oven until done, about 1 1/2 to 2 hours.