Monday, January 12, 2009
Amish Yumazuti, from Karli
* 1 pound ground beef
* 1 onion, chopped
* 3/4 cup chopped celery
* 1 tablespoon minced garlic
* 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
* 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed, diced tomatoes
* 1 (12 ounce) package uncooked egg noodles
* 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place noodles in a pot of lightly salted boiling water. Cook until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. Cook ground beef, onion, celery and garlic in a skillet over medium heat until meat is evenly browned. Drain off excess grease.
3. Butter a 9x13 inch baking dish. Place half of the cooked noodles in the bottom of the dish. Cover them with half of the meat mixture, then half of the tomatoes. Spoon half of the cream of chicken soup over the tomatoes, then sprinkle half of the shredded cheese. Repeat layers, ending with cheese on the top.
4. Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until cheese is browned and bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes to set before serving.
I left out the celery (I'm out) and used cream of mushroom instead of chicken. I also didn't layer it and just mixed it together, then topped with cheese. It turned out very good and the kids inhaled it.