Monday, January 12, 2009

Turkey Meatloaf Meatballs, suggested by Stephanie

Basically you make meatloaf and shape it into balls that go in a muffin pan, then bake ~25 minutes at 425ish. We use a thermometer so when they hit 180 they are done. The first time I made them I had no onion or egg so I had to get creative.

But the gist is that with turkey you add things that will help them not dry out, like grated or chopped vegetables. We've added any or all of the following: shredded zucchini, very small onion, garlic, breadcrumbs, spices, red wine, barbeque sauce, chopped up mushrooms, beaten egg.

This might be the original recipe. I think I found it in my Rachael Ray library somewhere though. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/meatloaf-muffins-with-barbecue-sauce-recipe/index.html


No comments: