Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Mexican Lasagna I, from Amy

Mexican Lasagna

1 lb ground beef, turkey, chicken, tofu crumbles
1 med. onion, diced
1 packet taco seasoning
1 cup salsa (jarred or fresh, I've used both)
1 can diced green chiles
1 can corn
10 corn tortillas (I've also used taco shells and tortilla chips too)
1 can refried beans
2 cups shredded cheese (cheddar/mexican blend, you can bypass the cheese for those that can't have it)
9x13 pan (or whatever size...)
preheat oven to 350

Brown meat and onions, drain. Add taco seasoning and water according to directions, add salsa and bring to a boil. Simmer until it thickens. While simmering, add corn and green chiles to meat. (I also add olives, green/red/yellow peppers, whatever I have on hand if I'm in the mood.) When done, layer a few tortillas in the bottom of the pan, then cover with 1/2 the beans, they 1/2 meat mixture, then 1 C. cheese. Do another layer of tortillas, beans, meat, and cheese.
Bake for about 15 minutes until done or cheese is melty and bubbly.

No comments: