*These should look like sushi rolls using the same seaweed, rice and rolling technique, but the ingredients are different*
*This serves 2 people but gives you an idea about what it is and how to make it*
- 4 sheets Sushi Seaweed
- Steamed rice for 2 people
- 4 Takuwon strips http://www.easterndragon.co.nz/2430.htm
- meat the same preparation as in the Japchae
- 1 cucumber
- 3 stalks of spinach
- 1/5 a carrot
- 3 eggs
- Some sesame oil
- Some salt
Preparation (It will take about 15 minutes)
- Cut the carrots into long thin slices. (I need 6 sticks.)
- Rinse the spinach and parboil it in boiled water. (For 1 minute)
- Put the spinach into a bowl. Add 2 sprinkles of salt and 1 dash of sesame oil on spinach then mix it well.
- Beat one egg in a bowl. Fry the egg in a pan and make the egg stick by rolling it. (It is better if you can make it thin.) Do the same with rest of the eggs.
- Cook the carrots, with a little oil.
- Slice cucumber to sushi length like Carrots.
- Put all the ingredients on one plate. It makes it easy to roll.
- Add 2 dashes of sesame oil and 2 sprinkles of salt on the rice. Mix it well.
- During the process of no 4 and 5 use the same pan, don't rinse or wash it.
Making (It will take about 10 minutes)
- Place one sheet of seaweed on the bamboo mat.
- Put the rice on the sheet. You need to spread it thinly.
- Put carrot stick, meat, takuwon, egg stick (all one each), and some spinach in the middle of the rice.
- Roll it.