Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Crockpot Pork Chops, an idea from Carrie

I'm doing pork chops in the crockpot. I browned them in the skillet with a little oil then put them in the crock. Then I added thinly sliced Gala and Granny Smith apples that I had tossed with lemon juice, cinnimon and brown sugar.

I'll probably serve it with stuffing and corn.

Carrie later added: It did turn out pretty well. The only thing I think I would have done differently is add a bit of white sugar towards the end so the apples were a bit sweeter and then right before serving I should have pulled out the chops and used an immersion blender to puree the apples and juice, adding a bit of corn starch to thinken it up a bit. It would have worked as a topping for the chops a lot better that way. As it was, the sauce was kind runny.

No comments: