Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Meatloaf, from Stephanie

Last night I made meatloaf. Here's an approximation of what I did.

In a large bowl, combine

1 cup italian seasoned breadcrumbs

1/4 large sweet onion, minced

2 large cloves garlic, minced

1 egg, beaten half to death

4 tsp worcestershire sauce (I just shook it for a while)

1ish tsp oregano

1ish tsp italian seasoning

1/4 tsp sage

3 tbsp fresh chopped parsley (because I had it around)

1/3 to 1/2 cup ketchup

1.3lbs meatloaf mix - a preprepared meat product available here, a mix of ground beef, pork, and veal

salt and pepper

Mix ingredients with hands (I have gloves... phew) and form into prepared loaf pan. Bake at 350F (180C) for about an hour (I cooked it until my meat thermometer read 170F).

At this point you can eat it, or top with a coating of barbeque sauce or ketchup and return to oven while you round up the kids, cats or clean plates. Let it rest a moment before cutting.

No comments: