Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Pork Tenderloin, from Michelle (via Sarah)



Um, I took a huge Ass tenderloin (already trimmed) my grandpa purchased from the local butcher and stuffed it the night before with onions and garlic.
When I say "stuffed," I mean I cut holes in it and stuffed the deliciousness right in.

I sprinkled some salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and paprika (regular, not the fancy smoked) on and rubbed it in a la Paula Deen.

When it was time to cook, I put a little olive oil in the bottom of a heavy pot, put the fire on medium, and let the pork get a little color on all sides. Then I turned the fire to low (between low and med, but closer to low) and let him cook alllllll day (like for hours).

I knew it was done when it started falling apart. Oh, and as it cooks, I add tiny bits of water. This is a Joy trick, so it's not floating in grease. There's plenty of fat in the pork--even lean pork--and of course the veg oil it starts in.

To make gravy, I added onions to the pot (which had just a LITTLE amount of water) and let them soften, then I added gravy mix + water. Then to thicken (fail!), I put in water + cornstarch.

No comments: