Sunday, March 21, 2010

"Not Asian" Eggrolls, an idea from Kris

Mexican eggrolls. Or international eggrolls. Or transethnic eggrolls. I'm not sure what to call them...

Anyhow, I bought a rotisserie chicken at the grocery, came home and stripped it off the bones and shredded it. I roasted some poblano peppers in the oven, skinned them and chopped them up, mixing them with the chicken. I also sweated some onions with garlic, cayenne, pepper and cumin and threw it in there. I put the mixture in egg roll wrappers and will be baking them shortly. Will serve them with a side of salsa and sour cream... I meant to put some shredded pepper jack cheese in them, but forgot until I was wrapping the last 3 egg rolls, so - if they are halfway decent, next time I will add a little cheese....

Serving these thingies with steamed rice.

No comments: