Sunday, March 21, 2010

Easy Steak Tacos with Homemade Corn Tortillas, from Carrie

I marinated over night some round steak (cheap cuts, about 1/2 inch thick-ish and on sale for $4 for 4 ... but any red meat would work) in a packet of GrillMates Chipotle Pepper seasoning, mixed with some lime juice and a beer.

I broiled the meat for 3 minutes each side (until it was about medium done, because that's how I like it)

I let the steaks cool, then diced them up into smallish chunks and threw in a bowl. I diced an onion and tossed that in there with some fresh chopped cilantro.

The corn tortillas were made per the masa package instructions ;) It's just masa (corn flour) and water, roll into balls and press in a tortilla press (or between 2 heavy books), and then cook them in a dry pan or griddle for about 45 seconds each side.

I topped each taco with light sour cream.

No comments: