Sunday, March 21, 2010

Fake Swanky Chicken, from Teresa

It's a knockoff of some classic recipe that requires wrapping and dredging.
I brown skinless, boneless, beakless chicken breasts on the smooth side, place browned side down on baking dish.

Pepper chicken and cover with a slice of prosciutto store-brand sandwich ham and bake until it's almost done.

Remove ham and toss it. Sprinkle chicken heavily with parmesan cheese.

Bake or if necessary broil to make cheese crusty. Remove from oven.

Using a spoon, scrape bits of pesto from the carton of deli pesto I keep in the freezer; scatter scrapings over chicken breasts.

I serve it with lemon pasta. Sometimes I make Kris's lemon pasta, or I use Trader Joe's lemon pepper pappardelle and toss with olive oil and sliced black olives. Oh, and I will also cook some broccoli or some such too.

No comments: