CHEESY BBQ CHICKEN BAKE
Recipe by Leslie Green
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
8 slices of bacon, cut in half
1 onion, caramelized
1 bottle of BBQ sauce (or similar amount of homemade)
Cheese (I used the cheddar and colby jack shredded cheese blend)
1. Place chicken breasts in large zip lock bag and pour enough BBQ sauce in bag to cover the chicken. Marinate them in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to broil HI, with rack four inches from heat
3. In a large oven proof skillet (I used my trusty cast iron skillet), over medium heat, saute chicken until mostly done, about four minutes per side.
4. Cover chicken is BBQ sauce, onions, cheese and bacon (amounts are up to you, just make sure bacon is on top).
5. Place pan in the oven and broil until the bacon has crisped up, about 5 minutes, or until the chicken reads 165 on an instant read thermometer.