Sunday, March 21, 2010

Lemon Pasta and Shrimp, an idea from Carrie

The dinner I made last night was fanfuckingtastic!!! .... (if you like lemon)

I got some pasta from Trader Joe's. It was Lemon Pepper Pappardelle (really wide and long noodles) Let me just say, any "flavored" pasta I've tried in the past has actually been mostly just coloring and really no-to-little flavor, but THIS pasta was amazing!!! As soon as I opened the package I knew I would be in for a citrusy treat!!!

So I sauteed some shrimp in a few tbsp of EVOO, cut up some broccoli florets and boiled them for 4 minutes, added the broccoli to the shrimp, squeezed the juice of one lemon over it all, added a few shakes of seasoning (Tastefully Simple Spinach and Herb Dip Mix). Boiled and drained the noodles, tossed that all together with a little more EVOO and sprinkled with parm cheese.

Holy hell. I was delicious, and really soooo easy! Honestly, I could have made it even easier by using frozen broccoli and already cooked shrimp. If you have a Trader Joe's near you I highly reccomend trying this pasta!!!! .... (if you like lemon)

No comments: