Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Faboo Turkey Meatloaf, by Carolyn

Faboo Turkey Meatloaf

1 lb ground turkey
1/2-1 small onion, diced or chopped
2 slices of bread (about 1/2 cup), broken into crumbs
1 egg
1 15-oz can of tomato sauce
garlic powder (or fresh chopped garlic)
parsley
Italian seasoning
pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix turkey, onion, bread, egg, and 1/2 can of tomato sauce in a loaf pan. Add seasonings as desired. Pour remaining tomato sauce on top of loaf and sprinkle with additional seasonings as desired. Bake in 350 degree oven for about an hour.

A tip I'll add that I use whenever I make meatloaf is this: Before adding sauce to the top, I make little channels in one or more corners to collect oils from the meat. I just stick a finger down along the corner of the pan so that none of the meatloaf mixture is touching the actual corner. Then when I pour the tomato sauce on top I am careful not to pour any down the channel(s). When it cooks, all the grease collects in the corners, and you can drain it off.

I'm in the mood for broccoli with my meatloaf, but I suspect we'll also be having some peas and carrots, since my daughter hasn't been touching broccoli lately.

No comments: