Sunday, May 6, 2007

Chicken Enchilada Thing, by Amy

It's more of a casserole, and it's really not "Mexican" food. I got the recipe from H #1's aunt...but I don't hold that against her. It's pretty yummy--I like to serve it with black beans and rice.

You'll need:
1 whole chicken (I just cook some breasts and cut them up, I'm strange about chicken.)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/4 onion, diced
1 C chicken broth
1 can diced green chiles (I usually use more, but I like my chiles)
shredded cheese
flour or corn tortillas--I like flour with chicken, but corn tastes good too

Directions:
shred or cut the chicken
mix with soup, onion, broth, and chiles
add salt and pepper to taste--I sometimes add cilantro if I have it on hand
do a layer of tortilla, then chicken and cheese
repeat until you're out of chicken mix
bake at 350 for 1 hour

No comments: