We are having Cheesy Chicken Pepper Pasta tonight. I got the recipe from allrecipes.com. This is the first time I am making it so I will have to let you know if I would add/change anything. Here is their recipe:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into strips
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 16 ounces shredded Muenster cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 pound linguine pasta
- In a large skillet over medium heat, warm olive oil and add chicken; saute until it begins to turn golden brown. Add red bell peppers and cook until they become limp; cover and simmer.
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, combine milk, butter, cheese and garlic; stir constantly for about 10 minutes to avoid burning. Sauce should now have a thickened sauce-like consistency; if not, add cornstarch in 1 teaspoon increments until desired consistency is reached.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Once the sauce is complete, combine it with the chicken and peppers mixture; add garlic powder to taste.
- Pour sauce over hot pasta; serve.