Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Mexican Lasagna II, from Karli

Tonight we had Mexican Lasagna. I didn't have a recipe, so this is what I used.

  • 2lbs ground meat (I used turkey)
  • 1 cup salsa
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 packet taco seasoning
  • 1 can tomato soup
  • 4 cups cheddar cheese (I use LOTS!)
  • tortillas

Brown gound meat and then add salsa, water, seasoning and soup. Simmer for a couple minutes. Cover bottom of lasagna pan with tortillas (you may have to tear them in funny shapes to cover the entire bottom. Top with meat mixture and then half of the cheese. Repeat all layers and bake at 350° until cheese is melted.

We topped it with shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes and sour cream. I also made some spanish style rice to go along with it. I turned out very yummy. (with all that cheese how could it not? )

No comments: