Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Ground Beef Vegetable Soup, from Amy

Last night I made a pasta/veggie/ground beef soup. I actually got the recipe off the pasta package, but, true to form, I improvised.

8 oz of small uncooked pasta (I use little stars)
1 lb ground beef
4 C tomato juice (I used spicy V-8)
4 C water
2 tbsp instant beef or veggie bullion
10 oz pkg frozen mixed veggies
salt, pepper, garlic powder, bay leaf, whatever you feel like throwing in there...

-brown the ground beef, (I like to use my mini-stock pot for it) drain and return to pot
-add all other ingredients to pot, except for pasta
-bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes
-then add pasta and cook for additional 7 minutes

I made some of the Pilsbury (in a can) dinner rolls. I always add too much pasta, so after it sits for a bit, it absorbs the rest of the liquid and it's more of a casseroleish thing, but it's still pretty good!

No comments: