Monday, April 9, 2007

Dijon-crusted Chicken, from Allison

Dinner tonight was chicken breasts with a dijon crust, roasted tomatoes, brussels sprouts with mustard butter, and mashed potatoes.

I cut the boneless chicken breasts in half and salt and pepper them. Then I mix equal parts dijon mustard and sour cream (a couple tablespoons of each) and spread the mixture over top. To turn it into a crust, I buzz a slice or two of bread in the blender, mix that with salt, pepper, thyme or some other herb that strikes my fancy at the moment, drizzle on some olive oil and mix it all together, then press that on top of the chicken breasts. Bake at 425 degrees F for about 15 minutes.

You can do it with the bread crumbs you buy at the grocery store, but they don't soak up the mustard mixture as nicely and the texure ends up a bit different.

The sauce for the brussels sprouts was butter, mustard, garlic powder, I think some onion powder, and a bit of champagne vinegar.

No comments: