Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Pasta with Meat Sauce and Garlic Bread, from Cara

Pasta with Meat sauce:
1 whole boneless chicken breast
1 pound ground beef
1/4 pound pepperoni
Italian seasoning
S & P
fresh basil and garlic
olive oil
2 cans crushed tomatoes

I cover the bottom of my stock pot with the olive oil, just a thin layer. Once it is warm, I add the minced garlic (3 cloves), Italian seasoning (who knows how much), and some fresh chopped basil (you decide how much you want, I guess I used about 1/4 cup). Then I put in the chicken (which I have sprinkled with the S & P) and beef, and cook that thoroughly. Remove the chicken and add the cans of tomato. Shred up semi-cooled chicken with fingers and add back to the pot, add pepperoni and additional 1/4 cup of basil or so and more Italian seasoning and S & P as needed. Tonight it cooked for about 2 hours on the stove on low. It was yummy served with campanelle type pasta noodles, they are cute.

Garlic bread... 1 softened stick of butter mixed up with 3 minced cloves of garlic and some parsley. Spread over sliced store-bought Italian bread and broiled in the toaster oven.

No comments: