Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Beef Stir-Fry, from Amy

I'm making this ground beef stir-fry thing. It's pretty good, or at least I like it. I based it off of a recipe I found on allrecipes.com, but I don't know how to measure ingredients, so it's become my very own creation.

ground beef--you can use turkey or tofu crumbles too
peppers
onions
carrots
and any other veggies you feel like
*I like the baby corn and sliced water chesnuts too
smashed garlic cloves--I like 2 or 3
ground ginger--you can use fresh or the stuff in the spice section about 1 tbsp
2 tbsp soy sauce
3 tbsp beef broth (or you can make broth w/veggie bullion too)
chili oil--I always add a lot, since I like it SPICY!
olive oil (about 1 turn of the pan)

brown the ground beef and drain/rinse and set aside
stir fry the veggies, ginger, and garlic until done to your preference
return the beef to the pan
add broth, soy sauce, and chili oil to pan heat on med. and stir until thickened and heated through
-if you like a thicker sauce, wisk in some corn starch to the broth before adding
serve over rice, I like jasmine rice with it

No comments: