Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Stuffed Cabbage Casserole, from Stacy

I make stuffed cabbage casserole, because I think that rolling up the beef/rice is a PITA. Plus, when you eat it, you just cut it all up anyway. Here's the recipe that I use. I usually serve it with/over plain mashed potatoes.

9 x 13 pan, buttered
1/2 the height of the dish, fill with chopped up cabbage (almost a whole head)
brown 1 lb. of ground beef (or turkey) and cook a finely chopped onion with it. Drain

In a bowl stir together beef mixture, 1/2 c. uncooked minute rice, 1/2 tsp. salt and pepper, 2 cans of condensed tomato soup, and 2 cans of water. Pour mixture over cabbage. Mix gently with fork.

Cover with foil and bake @ 350 F for 1.5 hours

This is my grandmothers recipe. It's a little bland, so I usually just add some salt to my own serving. It's great comfort food on a cold day.

No comments: