- 6 tablespoons less-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sambal oelek (chile paste, such as Huy Fong)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (1-pound) top sirloin steak, sliced against the grain into thin strips
- 1/2 cup water
- 8 ounces wide rice sticks
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
Preparation1. Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
2. Combine first 6 ingredients in a zip-top bag. Add beef to bag; seal. Marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes, turning once. Remove steak from bag; reserve marinade. Thread steak evenly onto 8 (8-inch) skewers. Grill 2 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Combine reserved marinade and water in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute.
3. Soak noodles in boiling water until tender; drain. Place noodles in a large bowl. Pour reserved marinade mixture over noodles; sprinkle with onions; toss. Serve with skewers.
Note from Cara: I just looked at my Korean Beef recipe and realized that I didn't add the sugar when I made it last night. It was delicious anyway and I don't think I would use it next time. Maybe if the things were grilled it would help them to caramelize or something, but for stir fry it was fine without.