Monday, October 25, 2010

Peanut Sauce, from Stacy

Sure! I use one from a Robin Miller cookbook (w/ a few modifications):

1 C reduced sodium chicken broth
3 TBLSP creamy peanut butter
3 TBLSP reduced-sodium soy sayce
1 tsp toasted sesame oil
1 tsp hot chili oil (or more to taste; leave this out for mild sauce. I didn't have hot chili oil in stock, so I used some jalapeno juice)
2 TBLSP chopped fresh cilantro (I don't use this b/c I never have fresh cilantro hanging around)
A dash of brown sugar <--my addition

In a small saucepan, whisk together everything but the cilantro. Set to medium heat, bring to simmer, and let simmer for 5 mins. Remove from heat and add cilantro.


Note from Stacy: Well, I had intended to do stir-fry, but I ended up baking my marinated chicken (I had marinated two large chicken breasts in hot chili oil, soy sauce, cayenne pepper, and rice wine vinegar), shredding it, adding it to cooked egg noodles, ladling on the peanut sauce, then tossing some scallions on top.

Seriously effing yum. Highly recommend, as long as you like things peanutty.

No comments: