Roasted Beets and Mango Salad
Cooking Light, MARCH 1999
4 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 cups salad and 4 beet wedges)
* 2 large beets (about 3/4 pound), trimmed
* 1/4 cup orange juice, divided
* 2 tablespoons lime juice, divided
* 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
* 1 tablespoon honey mustard
* 2 teaspoons olive oil
* 1/8 teaspoon salt
* 6 cups gourmet salad greens
* 1 cup diced peeled ripe mango (about 1/2 pound)
Preheat oven to 425°.
Place the beets in a baking dish, and bake at 425° for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until tender. Cool beets. Combine 2 tablespoons orange juice, 1 tablespoon lime juice, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Peel beets; cut each into 8 wedges. Toss beets with orange juice mixture.
Combine 2 tablespoons orange juice, 1 tablespoon lime juice, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, mustard, oil, and salt. Combine the salad greens and diced mango. Drizzle with mustard mixture, and toss well to coat. Divide salad evenly among 4 plates, and top with beet wedges.
**I've made this one only once. To be honest, it was not my favorite way to use beets or mangoes, but that's not to say it was bad. It was good, but I had so many other recipes that I love for beets and mangoes individually, it could never compete.**