* 1 pound ground sirloin, or extra lean beef
* 1 tablespoon minced garlic
* 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
* 1 (4 ounce) container crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
* 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
* salt and black pepper to taste
1. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat. Lightly oil grill grate, and place about 4 inches from heat source.
2. Mix the ground sirloin, garlic, onion powder, Gorgonzola cheese, and basil together in a large bowl until evenly blended. Divide mixture evenly to form four patties.
3. Cook patties on preheated grill until meat is evenly browned and center is no longer pink, about 5 minutes on each side.
*I would add more onion powder and kosher salt to the mix, but everyone loved these. I served them on toasted ciabatta (sp?) that I smothered with garlic-parsley butter. I had red onion, tomato, spinach leaves and avocado to go on top.