Quick Edamame & Orange Rice
Cooking Light, APRIL 2005
4 servings (serving size: 1 3/4 cups)
* 3 cups uncooked quick-cooking brown rice
* 1 tablespoon canola oil
* 1 1/2 cups thin diagonally sliced celery
* 1 cup sliced green onions
* 1 cup (2 x 1/2-inch) julienne-cut red bell pepper
* 1 cup frozen shelled edamame (green soybeans), thawed
* 1/2 cup dry-roasted cashews
* 1/4 cup low-sodium teriyaki sauce
* 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
* 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* 2 small oranges, peeled and sectioned
Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Set aside, and keep warm.
Heat canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add celery, onions, and bell pepper; sauté 1 minute. Stir in cooked rice, edamame, and remaining ingredients. Serve immediately.
Calories: 476 (29% from fat)
Fat: 15.6g (sat 2.2g,mono 7.6g,poly 2.2g)
** I used the recipe more like some suggestions and will play around with it a lot when I make it again. I forgot to get green onions, so I used shallots, but green onions would be nicer. I eyeballed the amts for everything, but next time I want a crapton of the veggies and stuff with every bite of rice. I think I will always add garlic-chile sauce in future. I didn't include cashews. Oh, and the celery was completely useless. I would say it's a great base recipe that you can do a lot with to make it to your own tastes.