Basil Peach Sangria
* 3/4 cup white sugar
* 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
* 3 1/2 cups peach nectar
* 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
* 1 (750 milliliter) bottle white wine such as Pinot Grigio
* add to recipe box Add to Recipe Box
* add to shopping list Add to Shopping List
* Customize Recipe
* add a personal note Add a Personal Note
1. In a saucepan, combine the sugar, basil leaves, half of the peach nectar and lemon juice. Bring to a simmer, crushing the basil leaves with the back of a spoon to release their flavor. Simmer just long enough to melt the sugar, then remove from the heat and allow to cool.
2. Strain the basil mixture into a pitcher filled with ice cubes. Pour in wine and remaining peach nectar. Stir briefly and serve.
*These were delicious!