Monday, January 10, 2011

Beef Stew, from Carrie

1 can each of cream of mushroom soup, tomato soup, and beef broth.
1-2 medium onions chopped large
1-2 lbs stew meat
7-10 small -medium red potatoes, diced chunky
1/2 - 1 full bag of baby carrots

As you can see, the measurements aren't too specific :D I guess it just depends on how much of everything you like. I use just a few carrots because I'm not a big fan of cooked carrots. I use lots of taters and onions, 'cause that's my thing. So, make it how you want it.

Toss it all in the pot and simmer on low for 8 hours+ in the crock pot or 3 hours on med-low on the stove-top.

It tends to be a little runny for my liking so I pull out a few potatoes, mash them up and toss them back in to thicken it right before serving (or I add a cup of instant potato flakes)

No comments: