Tuesday, June 15, 2010
Chipotle Chicken Taco Salad, from
* 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
* 2/3 cup light sour cream
* 1 tablespoon minced chipotle chile, canned in adobo sauce
* 1 teaspoon ground cumin
* 1 teaspoon chili powder
* 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 4 cups shredded romaine lettuce
* 2 cups chopped roasted skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 2 breasts)
* 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
* 1/2 cup diced peeled avocado
* 1/3 cup thinly vertically sliced red onion
* 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
* 1 (8 3/4-ounce) can no-salt-added whole-kernel corn, rinsed and drained
To prepare dressing, combine first 7 ingredients, stirring well.
To prepare salad, combine lettuce and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle dressing over salad; toss gently to coat. Serve immediately.
**Add a spoonful of adobo sauce for a spicier salad. To prepare it quickly, I usually just use a bag of pre-washed mixed greens and the meat from a grocery store rotisserie chicken.