Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Beer Cheese Fondue, from Shelli

I prefer to use a brown ale-ish type beer. For the fondue you ate, I used Sam Adam's Summer Ale.

3/4 c beer
1 lb shredded sharp cheddar tossed with 3 tbsp flour and:
*1ish tsp double ground mustard
*1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
hot sauce to taste

Rub fondue pot w/fresh clove of garlic
Pour in beer, set pot to 375*
When boiling, slowly stir in cheese mixture. Stir, stir, stir...add hot sauce...turn to warm, keep stirring until smooth.

The end.

1 comment:

fondue recipe said...

Beer in fondue? Well, I've got to try this one. That sounds pretty interesting. I've used beer in my barbecue marinade though, lol! I really love cheese fondue, specially when I'm using Swiss cheese (thanks to my brother Eddie). And speaking of Eddie, I think he'll love the idea of having beer in our cheese fondue.