Friday, June 6, 2008

Suggested by Rachael - Pulled Pork Sandwiches

Tonight we are trying out Asian Pulled Pork Sandwiches from the latest issue of Family Fun. I am subbing beef though because that's what I had.

1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/2 cup hoisin sauce
3 tablespoons ketchup
3 tablespoons rice vinegar
1/4 cup honey
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 tablespoons peeled and grated fresh ginger (I am subbing ground ginger)
2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
1 1/2 teaspoons Chinese five spice powder
4 pounds boneless Boston butt pork roast, trimmed of fat and cut into 2 inch chunks (I am subbing beef and only using 2 pounds of meat)
10 buns

Add everything but meat and buns to crockpot and whisk to combine. Add meat and coat. Cover and cook meat on low 8 hours.Remove meat from crockpot with a slotted spoon and shred. Return meat to the crockpot, stir in sauce, then serve on buns.

I am making slaw and corn with it.

No comments: