Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Suggested by Rachael - Sweet and Sour Meatballs

I'm making Sweet and Sour Meatballs tonight.

I got the recipe from that Kraft Foods magazine, my grandma gets it, but the sauce is the same thing I've put on chicken wings before using an Allrecipes recipe.

12 oz frozen meatballs
16 oz stir fry veggies (they called for frozen but I use fresh, pre-chopped and cleaned from the produce section)
1/4 cup apricot jam
1/4 cup Catalina dressing
2 tbsps soy sauce

Combine all ingredients in large skillet. Cook over medium/high heat until heated, serve over rice or noodles.

I got reduced fat dressing and sugar free preserves so I will likely add some hoisin sauce or something to help jazz it up. I will also add some red onion to the veggies, wish I had thought to pick up some mushrooms too. The pre-chopped veggies are snow peas, carrots, red cabbage, and broccoli. I'm serving it over Chinese noodles. I have some frozen egg rolls to go with it. Don't judge me, I've made homemade egg rolls and some of the frozen are just as good.

No comments: