Thursday, December 13, 2007

Chicken Vermicelli, from Michelle

Tonight was one of those forage for a decent recipe kind of nights, so here's what I did. I found these ingredients in the pantry:
canned diced tomatoes
diced green chilies
vermicelli (16 oz)
... and I had chicken breasts in the freezer and cream cheese and shredded cheese in the fridge.

I boiled the chicken breasts with some seasoning; boiled the pasta; shredded the chicken when done; saved several cups of the resulting broth (but only needed a bit); heated the tomatoes, green chilies, and garlic in some olive oil; put in about two tablespoons of cream cheese; added the chicken; put in a little broth to loosen it up; added the drained pasta; put in a baking dish; topped with shredded cheese; into the oven to melt the cheese.

I hope it's not disgusting. With tomatoes and cream cheese, how could it be, right? (Though I have to admit that the color is less than enticing...)

No comments: