Thursday, May 22, 2008

Penne Chicken with Asparagus, from Karli

Penne Chicken with Asparagus

1lb chicken breasts
1lb asparagus
1 can diced tomatoes (I actually used fresh grape tomatoes and chopped them up)
1/2lb mushrooms, sliced
1/2cup chicken broth
4oz cream cheese
2cups (dry) penne pasta

Boil pasta. Cut chicken into bite size pieces. Brown in olive oil in skillet. Add chicken broth and mushrooms, cook for about 10 minutes (depends on how big the chicken pieces are). Add asparagus, tomatoes, cream cheese and cook for 5 more minutes. Mix with pasta.I added some minced garlic, salt and pepper for more flavor.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I made this last night for dinner. DH and I really liked it. I had it again for lunch and it reheated well and was just as delicious! Very easy too. Thanks Karli!